Sunday, January 31, 2010

obedience

Last weekend was the women's retreat at church. We went through a 4 part video study. (can't remember the name of it or who did it.) HOWEVER, it was a really great weekend. The video was cheesy but had truth to speak no-less. And my small group was awesome - such encouragement! Something I was reminded of was obedience. This seems to be a re-occurring struggle of mine. Sometimes (not always) it's a vicious cycle: disconnect - longing - light bulb! obedience - the "flame is fanned" - new found passion - repeat. Something has to be said for obedience...we seem to always listen to Kari Jobe..."the more I seek you...the more I find you". I realized that I wasn't exactly seeking. I was just sitting around hoping...waiting for that passion to show back up. Duh, Leah. Obedience.


o·be·di·ence (oh-bee-dee-uhns) [noun]
1.) the state or quality of being obedient
2.) the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance
3.) a sphere of authority or jurisdiction, esp. ecclesiastical


Last Sunday we had our first fund-raiser for the Peru mission trip. Instead of going out to eat as usual after church we had a pot luck. Everyone going on the trip made Peruvian dishes (thanks to a cookbook that actually came from Peru) and everyone donated money to the trip in exchange for dinner. All I had to do was make about four pounds of white rice. It was a fun and successful fundraiser and I hope the rest of them go as well!

PS - there was no school Friday due to ice...YAY! I'm still a kid at heart in many ways.
PS again - I typed this with a kleenex shoved up my right nostril because my nose won't stop running! UGH and GROSS!!

loves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey leah! I have no idea the last time we've spoken. i am forever indebted to you for recommending that I go see napoleon dynamite that one day in general psych. haha- anyway, how are you and what are you up to?

btw- i'm digging the playlist on your blog!

Ray said...

so glad you are posting again! great posts.

Beth Ann said...

So you are added back to my bloglist! You know you may have more readers now with my big fan base ha/ha! Sorry I deleted you--I just need to have a little faith that you will pick up blogging again, right? Just want you to know--I'm so proud of you. You can make me laugh and tear up in the same instance--so glad we're fam!!!